Redefining offshore wind turbine installations around the world.
National Ports Corporation Limited has developed a new safe and secure technology that will redefine floating ports around the world – The Oceandock LX
The Oceandock LX is a 60,000m² self-propelled floating port and supply base with over 600 meters of safe and secure berthing space for multiple vessels and with over 101,000² of under deck storage area. Please visit www.windthrust.com.au for more information.
The Oceandock LX is capable of:
- Unloading Wind Turbine Generators (WTG) components from feeder vessels
- Warehousing the WTG components & spare parts
- Assembling entire WTG’s including the blades
- Safe installing an entire WTG in one single lift
- Safe installation each foundation in one single lift
- Safe installing an entire Offshore Sub Station (OSS) in one single lift
- Safe installing an entire field of WTG’s
- Potential storage of hydrogen
- Key logistical support and maintenance for Windfarms
The Oceandock LX can be delivered with the following onboard
equipment and accommodation or as client specifications:
- One 6,000 tonnes pedestal crane
- Two 2,600 tonnes pedestal cranes
- Dynamic Positioning capability
- Accommodation over 100 people
- Self-propelled, easily movable to different locations using its own propulsion units
The Oceandock LX principal particulars:
- Overall length: 300m
- Beam: 200m
- Weather deck loading strength 25 tonnes m² or as specified by the client
- Large (60,000 m² or more) clear deck floating port and supply base.
- Safe installation for wind turbines generators of any size and height.
- Minimizes footprint in sensitive coastal areas.
- The location of wind farms is not limited to near shore.
- It can be positioned and operate in any water depth.
- Integrated offshore customs & quarantine inspection services.
- Easily accessible by any type and size of feeder vessels.
- Reduction of port fees
- Capital effective mobile port infrastructure.
- Safe and secure docking facilities for multiple vessels.
- Reduction of supply chain costs and risks. No need for onshore stockyard.
- The construction requires no special shipyard.
- Rapidly deployed in any part of the word.
- It can operate in any weather condition.
- Alternative applications across industries.
- Scalable to client requirements.
- The economy of scale, an entire field of offshore wind turbines generators can be assembled, stored and installed.
- It can be purchased or chartered
- One-stop shop solution.
The Oceandock LX An innovative breakthrough in engineering providing
solutions to the challenges facing today’s global off-shore wind energy